Podcast Episode 29: Catherine Robson on the Shadow Side Of Our Strengths
This week, I'm delighted to introduce you to Catherine Robson who is this week's podcast guest.
Cat runs Big Pip Marketing – supporting other businesses to reach and resonate with their audience and generate leads, enquiries and sales.
Catherine left school and not long afterwards started her first business. After several businesses and a career move that put her back behind the bar pouring pints, she founded Big Pip nearly 6 years ago.
When I asked Catherine what three words sum up her entrepreneurial journey she said In. My. Element. (Brilliant!)
Listen to the podcast
3 ways you can listen:
- Here through the audio player (below) on this page;
- Via iTunes by clicking on the icon (below);
- If you don’t have iTunes, here is the RSS feed to plug in, if you are listening via another App such as Podbean: http://cast.rocks/hosting/8633/feeds/FS7RE.xml
Themes covered during our conversation:
- The shadow side of our strengths - when does a trait switch from helpful, to unhelpful?
- Reaching burnout, coming out of it, and how self-care and mindset played a really significant part in this journey.
- Identity and learning the difference between who we are as people, and what we do as business owners.
- The creative journey of entrepreneurship, and how necessary that process is in the early days.
- Trusting in the inner resilience, that is always there, and knowing that whatever happens, I'll be OK.
What Catherine says:
"Being in business, there is absolutely nowhere to hide, so you learn about yourself, the parts you're really proud of and the parts you'd rather forget, or change"
"Whatever happens, I'll be OK. That inner knowing, that resilience is always there, but it's so subtle, and I'm always surprised when it comes out."
Where you can learn more about Catherine
Resources and recommendations:
Book: Creativity, Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces That Stand in the Way of True Inspiration by Ed Catmull.
Book: Big Magic, creative living beyond fear by Elizabeth Gilbert.
Book: Reinventing Organizations: A Guide to Creating Organizations Inspired by the Next Stage in Human Consciousness by Frederic Laloux.
Book: Braving The Wilderness by Brene Brown.
About me, Sarah Swanton & Happy Healthy Entrepreneur
Hello, I'm Sarah, and I'm a Podcaster and the founder of Happy Healthy Entrepreneur, where I support entrepreneurs with their mental health and wellbeing, so they can enjoy the self-employment journey, and have a business that supports them, not exhausts them! Because when you think about it, what's the alternative? Possible burnout, or have to go back and get a J.O.B which is no fun for anyone, if all you really want is to be in business for yourself, earning a healthy sustainable income, doing what it is you love.
For a little piece of calm, and clarity in your day, you can download my free audio called Pause & Reset and is designed to help entrepreneurs achieve exactly that - to reset and clear your mind. To download and listen right away, click here>>