Podcast Ep. 32 From Overweight & Depressed To Happy Healthy Entrepreneur: Byron Morrison
This week, my guest on the podcast guest is Byron Morrison, as we talk about his journey from being 50 pounds overweight, depressed, and feeling unable to leave the house, to a much happier and healthier version of himself, and now helps others do the same.
Byron is a Mindset Coach and is the founder of Tailored Lifestyles and author of the book Become a Better You - and he is on a mission towards helping change the way that this country uses and thinks about food, and showing others that a healthy lifestyle is achievable for all.
Listen to the podcast
3 ways you can listen:
- Here through the audio player (below) on this page;
- Via iTunes by clicking on the icon (below);
- If you don’t have iTunes, here is the RSS feed to plug in, if you are listening via another App such as Podbean: http://cast.rocks/hosting/8633/feeds/FS7RE.xml
Themes covered during our conversation:
- How a cancer diagnosis for his dad, was a huge wake-up call for Byron in terms of his relationship to his own physical and mental health.
- The diet industry, diets and why they (really) don't work - we get a bit passionate about this one!
- Taking the pressure off 'should' when it comes to moving the body and exercise, and how to know what works for you.
- The importance of respecting a good night's sleep when it comes to running your own business, and how this impacts our emotional and physical health.
- Why 16+ hour days are not cool, despite some entrepreneur circles trying to tell us otherwise. (Another one we get passionate about!).
- Byron's take on launching online courses and programmes and his thoughts on launching without burnout, lessons from experience.
What Byron says:
"One of the biggest realisations that I've made over the last few years is that hour that you could use to go and make some healthy food or do some exercise, that when you put off, to do an extra hour's work, in the long run, does far more damage than good"
On launching programmes and products:
"Sometimes less is more, and you have to cut the fluff out and make sure you are focusing on solving the problem rather than trying to prove to yourself how much you know, from a burnout point of view, that was one of the biggest realisations I made."
Where you can learn more about Byron
About me, Sarah Swanton & Happy Healthy Entrepreneur
Hello, I'm Sarah, and I'm a Podcaster and the founder of Happy Healthy Entrepreneur, where I support entrepreneurs with their mental health and wellbeing, so they can enjoy the self-employment journey, and have a business that supports them, not exhausts them! Because when you think about it, what's the alternative? Possible burnout, or have to go back and get a J.O.B which is no fun for anyone, if all you really want is to be in business for yourself, earning a healthy sustainable income, doing what it is you love.
For a little piece of calm, and clarity in your day, you can download my free audio called Pause & Reset and is designed to help entrepreneurs achieve exactly that - to reset and clear your mind. To download and listen right away, click here>>